Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sidewalk Eggs & Bun Warmers


To my readers,

It’s been a hot summer.

If you asked any Texan, or southern for that matter, I am sure they would tell you that this past summer was quite a toasty one.  There was certainly more than one day where I planned to cook an egg on a nearby rock. 

One day as my boss and I were leaving for work, we discussed the different vehicles we drove and how the heat affects both of them. 

For me, I drive a pickup truck. And even with the window slightly cracked open, the heat can be overwhelming. Its as though I decided to sit in a sauna, in broad daylight, with all my clothes on. 

My boss, on the other hand, drives a black car…
With leather interior.

this is not actually my boss' car
Needless to say it gets a small bit hot in his car. 

However, in my brain I thought that my next statement was brilliant.  In fact, I thought that it would be cooler than the other side of the pillow and become viral in three days becoming the new standard in all vehicles sold in the south. 

“Well boss, it looks like you need bun coolers instead of bun warmers.” 

Bun cooler? This is my great idea?

I can understand why the Bible says, “It is safer to meet a bear robbed of her cubs than to confront a fool caught in foolishness.” Proverbs 17:12, NLT. 

Because after realizing how stupid this idea sounded, I continued to push the idea as if it were the best idea since sliced bread.  For the next few sentences, I ran the idea deep into the ground and it got worst and worst. 

But when you think about it, who would honestly want a bun cooler in their car?

I was trying to make myself seem less foolish than I already had and was only making it worst.

“You never know they could come standard one day, but I doubt it!” That was my way of trying to kill an terrible idea that I wanted people to believe was a great idea.

I think my boss knew the whole time.

Eventually my boss laughed and said, “Oh, Tex!” 

Simply,
Tex G.M. Rule
“It is safer to meet a bear robbed of her cubs than to confront a fool caught in foolishness.” Proverbs 17:12, NLT. 

No comments: