Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cramped Apartments & Old Photos

To my readers,

This week I moved back into my apartment with my 7 other roommates.  

Yes I said seven.  

The eight of us live in a 4 bedroom apartment, two to a room.  Its cramped but it gives us a grand adventure.  I started to put up the final touches in my room when I came across this photo. Its of three roommates and myself from several semesters ago.

I was amazed to see we are still friends and still living together after so long.  

All that came to mind was one this passage of scripture.


"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.  If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.  But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.  Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm.  But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer.  Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, NLT.

Will we struggle? Sure
Will we fight? Sure
Will we have bad days? Probably
Will we have each others back? Of course
Will we keep each other warm? Of course NOT! (couldn't resist!)

But we will grow together if we continue to put Christ first. We will fight side by side and grow as brothers if we continue to let Jesus be our King even in the cramped apartment.  These difficult times help create us into a stronger and tougher unit that wont be defeated.

My only question: How much stronger will an eight braided cord be?

Simply,
Tex G.M. Rule
"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12, NLT.

No comments: